Summer’s over and you’re heading into a busy season. Chances are you might have let things slide a bit. Maybe things were super busy. Maybe summer is about relaxation, regardless of what’s on the list to do. Now’s the best time to take stock of where you are and take control over your own wellness.
It turns out nobody is more in control of your renewal, rebirth and recovery than YOU are. The Fall and Winter can be a great time to contemplate and resolve to get in touch with yourself again and reach out to seek your passions, your purpose, your dreams, work on your relationships, make job changes, and, most importantly, think about your wellness.
Here are a few things you can do to help rebalance and regain control after the lazy days of summer subsides:
- Go out of your way to connect with people who are important to you. Choose 1 or 2 and have coffee or lunch. Make it a point to let them know the importance of your relationship with them.
- Count your blessings (no, really, count them!)
- Stomp out harmful patterns. Know your bad habits and stop them. New habits take repetition and focus. Don’t wait until you hit bottom to make a change.
- Review the year so far. How have you grown? What have you learned? How will you allow more time for play, laughter and fun?
- Give some good thought to your physical wellness. It’s a great time to change diet, start a (realistic) exercise plan, reset your sleep patterns and set new goals for health.
“The smallest change in perspective can transform a life. What tiny attitude adjustment might turn your world around?” – Oprah
Want to take the first step? Try a massage. One reason so many people get regular massage is the precious gift, to yourself, of an hour of reflection time. No worries. No interference. Just you, in a comfortable, safe place, with a skilled therapist whose only purpose is to make sure your session goals are met or exceeded. You will leave refreshed and renewed. What a great way to start a time of change and take control of wellness, right?