It’s time to share your secret with your spouse, partner or significant other. YOU get real benefits from massage–like relief from aches and pain, and an hour of relaxation and stress-relief. So why not give that gift to your spouse, partner, BFF or significant other?There are real and tangible benefits to SHARING that experience. Here are five reasons you will want to book a couple’s massage at SVMTG:
- Helps you reconnect. Most couples have trouble finding time to be alone without worrying about what they need to get done, or what they didn’t do, that day. During a massage session, you’re instinctually driven to let go of the past, not think about the future and turn your attention to the present. Fully engaged in an activity together can help you reconnect and, with a little effort, bring this level of mindfulness to the relationship.
- Increases affection. Massage stimulates the release of “feel-good” hormones, which boost feelings of affection. The therapist’s touch increases the presence of oxytocin (otherwise known as the ‘cuddle-chemical’), as well as serotonin and dopamine. The increased hormone levels can hang around for a day or so, so you have some time to grab some much needed cuddle time with your partner.
- Relieves family stress. A massage physically relaxes your muscles which translates into a feeling of wellbeing that can improve your mood and outlook on life. In a stressful time, massage can help you work through tough times, and foster more thoughtful conversation with your partner.
- Encourages bonding. Partners who continue to inject novelty into their relationships have closer, more rewarding bonds. Couples massage can offer an avenue to that shared adventure.
- Gives you both a rare moment of real relaxation. Couples massage happens in a quiet room, with soothing music, on a pair of soft, warm closely-positioned tables. Each therapist beings the session by talking privately with his or her client about his or her goal for the massage. Perhaps one client just needs to de-stress, while the other has a sore calf from running. Once the session is over, each session participant gets specific recommendations for how to keep the great feelings going… until the next massage!
At SVMTG, our couples massage happens in a peaceful environment where you’re side-by-side with your partner. The therapists will tune your massage to meet your session goals, whether it’s recovery from a road race, reducing an ache in your shoulders or lower back, or just de-stressing.
So give yourself, and your spouse, partner, BFF or family member the benefit of a couple’s massage. You’ll be glad you did.