Massage therapy is becoming much more common. There are more than 1200 approved massage training programs in the US and the number of people getting a massage for stress relief, relaxation or recovery is skyrocketing. Here are a few more facts about the popularity of massage therapy.
- More people than ever are scheduling sessions. Almost one in five US adults visited a massage therapist in 2012 and 2013 statistics will show another jump. As massage becomes an integral part of wellness and healing for many people, more people are discovering the benefits.
- Finding a therapist is easier than ever. There are more than 320,000 trained therapists in the US, but < 10% of those have the same advanced level of training we require of all of our therapists.
- The main reason consumers get a massage is stress relief. Seventy percent of consumers who got a massage in 2012 were seeking stress relief and relaxation, with 49% relief from pain, soreness or injury rehabilitation.
- More people got a massage than accessed chiropractic or physical therapy services. Even though most physical therapy services and many chiropractic treatments are reimbursed by health insurance, more people paid out of pocket for massage than took advantage of all those other services combined.
- Women make up the majority of massage consumers, but more men are getting a massage. Sixty percent of massage recipients were women, which means 40% of men took advantage of relaxation, sports, or therapeutic massage in 2012.
- More consumers had a positive response to massage. More than 75% of massage consumers reported very favorable feelings about their most recent experience. According to our YELP and other reviews, more than 98% of our clients rate us excellent.
We stand out among massage therapists because of our high levels of training, and highly personalized service. While you’ll leave relaxed, we specialize in targeted, therapeutic work that will ease aches and pains and put you on a path toward long-term wellness.
Come visit us, and tell your friends about the great benefits in wellness and relaxation you receive!